Calendula is traditionally used for the skin, thanks to the oil's anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and related medicinal properties. The bright pink color is the natural, concentrated pigment extracted from the bright orange petals by Co2 method. We do not alter colors or otherwise from the 100% natural ingredients we use. Calendula smells medicinal but it works. So if you need a powerhouse healing cream, where only a dab will do...this is it. To create a more aroma-therapeutic smell just add a drop of patchouli to curb the medicinal herbal scent.
1. Skin dryness or chapping — Calendula oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin. It helps soothe the area and reduce the pain.
2. Inflammation — It works well on sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury. Calendula may also helps treat spider veins & varicose veins.
3. Baby care — The oil helps relieve diaper rashes.
4. Minor cuts and wounds — The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of the oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
5. Skin issues — Sport chaffing from cycling, Sun Burn, Eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed. Calendula's anti-fungal action is also great for helping treat athlete's foot and jock itch.